HALLOWEEN

What I know about Halloween
Halloween is celebrated on 31 October. On Halloween most  kids go out for sweets. People decorate their houses with scary things like pumpkins, bats and other things. The story tells us about Jack, the pumpkin king.

What I want to know about Halloween
I want to know all stories about Halloween and I want to know what it is like to go trick-or-treating.

What I learned about Halloween
The Celts celebrated New Year and they believed that on the 31st of October, the border between the dead and the living is opened.
The lantern is named after an Irish drunkard who tricked the devil three times. At their last meeting, the devil decided to let Jack live ten years more. Jack suddenly died. He couldn't go to heaven, but he couldn't go to hell either. He started going around the world with a pumpkin.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment